Open-File Report 2012-1029
This report presents a summary of data collected during April and August 1993 and September 1994. These results are to be used as a wet-site analog to southern Nevada soils located at the Amargosa Desert Research Site near Beatty, Nevada. The samples were collected and analyzed in conjunction with the Nevada Basin and Range study unit of the U.S. Geological Survey, National Water-Quality Assessment Program (NAWQA).
Samples were collected from groundwater wells in and about the city of Las Vegas, Nevada, and were analyzed for selected major, minor and trace constituents. Analyses of blank and reference samples are summarized as mean and standard deviation values for all positive results.
First posted February 24, 2012
Download Comma Separated Values (.csv) of Data Analyses
For additional information contact:
Part of this report is presented in Portable Document Format (PDF); the latest version of Adobe Reader or similar software is required to view it. Download the latest version of Adobe Reader, free of charge.
Reddy, M.M., and Gunther, C.D., 2012, Summary of chemical data from onsite and laboratory analyses of groundwater samples from the surficial aquifer, Las Vegas, Nevada, April and August 1993 and September 1994: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2012–1029, 18 p.
1. Variable names and codes for documenting sample collection
2. Definitions and units for onsite and laboratory measured variables
3. Detection limits for laboratory and onsite analyses
4. Summary statistics for standard reference water samples (SRWS) and distilled-water field blank (FB) and laboratory blank samples
5. Chemical data for groundwater samples from the surficial aquifer, Las Vegas, Nev. A, Site locations and well information; B, Field parameters; C, Major ion chemistry; D, Trace constituents (Set A); E, Trace constituents (Set B)