* Central Nebraska Basins NAWQA products
1. *Huntzinger, T.L., and Ellis, M.J., 1993, Central Nebraska river basins, Nebraska: Water Resources Bulletin, v. 29, no. 4, p. 533-574.
2. *Stamer, J.K., Swanson, R.B., and Jordan, P.R., 1994, Atrazine in spring runoff as related to environmental setting in Nebraska, 1992: Water Resources Bulletin, v. 30, no. 5, p. 823-831. Abstract
3. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 1996, Drinking water regulations and health advisories: Washington, D.C., U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, EPA 822-B-96-002, 11 p.
4. *Helgesen, J.O., Zelt, R.B., and Stamer, J.K., 1994, Nitrogen and phosphorus in water as related to environmental setting in Nebraska: Water Resources Bulletin, v. 30, no. 5, p. 809-822. Abstract
5. *Boyd, R.A., 1996, Distribution of nitrate and orthophosphate in selected streams in central Nebraska: Water Resources Bulletin, v. 32, no. 6, p. 1247-1257. Abstract
6. Druliner, A.D., Chen, H.H., and McGrath, T.S., 1995, Relations of nonpoint-source nitrate and atrazine concentrations in the High Plains aquifer to selected explanatory variables in six Nebraska study areas: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 95-4202, 51 p.
7. Central Nebraska Natural Resources District, 1993, Groundwater quality management program--Groundwater quality improvement for the Central Platte Valley: Central Platte Natural Resources District Report, 16 p.
8. *Stamer, J.K., and Wieczorek, M.E., 1995, Pesticides in streams in central Nebraska: U.S. Geological Survey Fact Sheet FS-232-95, 4 p. Abstract
9. *Stamer, J.K., 1996, Water-supply implications of herbicide sampling: Journal of the American Water Works Association, v. 88, no. 2, p. 76-85. Abstract
10. *Stamer, J.K., and Huntzinger, T.L., 1994, Spring herbicide "flush" may deal cities a problem: Nebraska Farmer, v. 136, no. 8, p. 10-11, 13.
11. Stamer, J.K., and Wieczorek, M.E., 1996, Pesticide distributions in surface water: Journal of American Water Works Association, v. 88, no. 11, p. 79-87. Abstract
12. *Stamer, J.K., and Zelt, R.B., in press, Estimating herbicide flux in streams using a nonparametric approach: Journal of Environmental Quality.
13. *Huntzinger, T.L., and Stamer, J.K., 1995, Herbicides and nitrates in water supply sources in central Nebraska, in Clean Water--Clean Environment--21st Century, Kansas City, Mo., 1995, Proceedings, v. 3: St. Joseph, Mich., American Society of Agricultural Engineers, p. 149-152.
14. Nebraska Natural Resources Commission, 1994, Estimated water use in Nebraska, 1990: Lincoln, Nebr., Natural Resources Commission, 58 p.
15. McGuire, V.L., and Kilpatrick, J.M., 1998, Hydrogeology in the vicinity of the Nebraska Management Systems Information Area site, central Nebraska: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 97-4266, 26 p.
16. *Zelt, R.B., and Jordan, P.R., 1993, Water-quality assessment of the Central Nebraska Basins--Summary of data for recent conditions through 1990: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 93-422, 179 p. Abstract
17. *Emmons, P.J., 1996, Water quality in a wet meadow, Platte River Valley, central Nebraska: U.S. Geological Survey Fact Sheet FS-097-96, 4 p. Abstract
18. Blum, D.A., Carr, J.D., Davis, R.K., and Pederson, D.T., 1993, Atrazine in a stream-aquifer system--Transport of atrazine and its environmental impact near Ashland, Nebraska: Ground Water Monitoring and Remediation, v. 13, no. 2, p. 125-133.
19. Davis, R.K., Pederson, D.T., Blum, D.A., and Carr, J.D., 1993, Atrazine in a stream-aquifer system--Estimation of aquifer properties from atrazine concentration profiles: Ground Water Monitoring and Remediation, v. 13, no. 2, p. 114-141.
20. *Frenzel, S.A., 1996, Occurrence of selected contaminants in water, fish tissue, and streambed sediments in central Nebraska, 1992-95: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 96-223, 6 p.
21. Nowell, L.H., and Resek, E.A., 1994, National standards and guidelines for pesticides in water, sediment, and aquatic organisms--Application to water-quality assessments, in National Academy of Sciences and National Academy of Engineering, Water quality criteria, 1972 [1973, 1974): Washington, D.C., U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Report R3-73-033.
22. *Frenzel, S.A., and Swanson, R.B., 1996, Relations of fish community composition to environmental variables in central Nebraska streams: Environmental Management, v. 20, no. 5, p. 689-705. Abstract
23. *Frankforter, J.D., 1995, Association between local land use and herbicide concentrations in wetlands of the Platte River Basin, Nebraska, in Campbell, K.L., ed., Versatility of wetlands in the agricultural landscape: American Water Resources Association and American Society of Agricultural Engineers Joint Conference, Tampa, Fla., 1995 [Proceedings], p. 539-547. PDF
24. Jenkins, Allan, 1993, Introduction, in Jenkins, Allan, George, S.K., and Barrett, Elizabeth, eds., The Platte River--An atlas of the Big Bend region: Kearney, Nebr., University of Nebraska-Kearney, p. 1-7.
25. *Zelt, R.B., and Frenzel, S.A., 1996, Physical-habitat characteristics of the Platte River, Nebraska--Assessment using surveys and spatial analyses: ESRI User Conference, 16th, Palm Springs, Calif., 1996 [Proceedings], compact disc.
26. *Zelt, R.B., 1996, Basin-level habitat characteristics of selected streams in central Nebraska: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 96-361, 25 p. Abstract
27. Williams, G.P., 1978, The case of the shrinking channels--The North Platte and Platte Rivers in Nebraska: U.S. Geological Survey Circular 781, 48 p.
28. Johnson, W.C., 1994, Woodland expansion in the Platte River, Nebraska--Patterns and causes: Ecological Monographs, v. 64, no. 1, February 1994, p. 45-84.
29. _____ 1997, Equilibrium response of riparian vegetation to flow regulation in the Platte River, in Proceedings of the 1997 Platte River Basin Ecosystem Symposium, Feb. 18 and 19, 1997, Kearney, Nebraska: Lincoln, Nebr., 1997, University of Nebraska Cooperative Extension-Platte Watershed Program, p. 1997, Kearney, Nebraska: Lincoln, Nebr., 1997, University of Nebraska Cooperative Extension-Platte Watershed Program.
30. Springer, Joseph, 1993, Tradition of the sandhill cranes, in Jenkins, Allan, George, S.K., and Barrett, Elizabeth, eds., The Platte River--An atlas of the Big Bend region: Kearney, Nebr., University of Nebraska-Kearney, p. 44-51.
31. Krapu, G.L., Facey, D.E., Fritzell, E.K., and Johnson, D.H., 1984, Habitat use by migrant sandhill cranes in Nebraska: Journal of Wildlife Management, v. 48, no. 2, p. 407-417.
32. Stutheit, 1988, Work plan S-97-- mortality and disease investigations: Nebraska Game and Parks Commission, W-15-R-44, 23 p.
33. Johnson, R.E., 1942, The distribution of Nebraska fishes: Ann Arbor, Mich., Ph.D. dissertation, University of Michigan, 152 p.
34. Goldowitz, E.S., 1997, Long term changes in the fish fauna of the Platte River--A comparative study, in Proceedings of the 1997 Platte River Basin Ecosystem Symposium, February 18 and 19, 1997, Kearney, Nebraska: Lincoln, Nebr., 1997, University of Nebraska Cooperative Extension-Platte Watershed Program, p. 97.
35. Tabor, V.M., 1993, Declining fishes characteristics of the central Great Plains: Manhattan, Kans., U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 11 p.
36. Lee, D.S., Gilbert, C.R., Hocott, C.H., Jenkins, R.E., McAllister, D.E., and Stauffer, J.R., 1980, Atlas of North American freshwater fishes: Raleigh, N.C., North Carolina State Museum of Natural History, 854 p.
37. Gilliom, R.J., Mueller, D.K., and Nowell, L.H., in press, Methods for comparing water-quality conditions among National Water-Quality Assessment Study Units, 1992-95: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 97-589.
38. Zaugg, S.D., Sandstrom, M.W., Smith, S.G., and Fehlberg, K.M., 1995, Methods of analysis by the U.S. Geological Survey National Water Quality Laboratory--Determination of pesticides in water by C-18 solid-phase extraction and capillary-column gas chromatography/mass spectrometry with selected-ion monitoring: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 95-181, 49 p.