USGS Open-File Report 95-001
- Billings, W.D., 1949, The shadscale vegetation zone of Nevada and eastern California in relation to climate and soils: American Midland Naturalist, v. 42, p. 87-109.
- Cande, S.C. and Kent, D.V., 1992, A new geomagnetic polarity time scale for the Late Cretaceous and Cenozoic: Journal of Geophysical Research, v. 97, p. 13, 917-13,951.
- Canfield, D.E. and Berner, R.A., 1987, Dissolution and pyritization of magnetite in anoxic marine sediments: Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, v. 51, p. 645-659.
- Condie, K.C. and Barsky, C.K., 1972, Origin of the Quaternary basalts from the Black Rock Desert region, Utah: Geological Society of America Bulletin, v. 83, p. 333-352.
- Crecraft, H. R., Nash, W. P., and Evans, S. H., Jr., 1981, Late Cenozoic volcanism at Twin Peaks, Utah - Geology and petrology: Journal of Geophysical Research, v. 86: p. 10,303-10,320.
- Cui, Y., Roberts, A.P., Verosub, K.L., Thompson, R.S., and Oviatt, C.G., 1994, A Study of the Matuyama-Brunhes Geomagnetic Polarity Transition From Sevier Lake, Utah [abs.]: American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, San Francisco, California. December, 1994. Eos, v. 75, p. 194-195.
- Davis, O.K., 1984, Pollen frequencies reflect vegetation patterns in a Great Basin (U.S.A.) mountain range: Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology, v. 40, p. 295-315.
- Davis, O.K., 1993, Preliminary pollen analysis of Neogene sediment of the Great Salt Lake, U.S.A [abs]: American Association of Stratigraphic Palynologists, Inc., Program and Abstracts, Annual Meeting, Baton Rouge, LA, p. 20.
- DeMenocal, P.B., Ruddiman, W.F., and Kent, D.V., 1990, Depth of post-depositional remanence acquisition in deep-sea sediments: a case study of the Brunhes-Matuyama reversal and oxygen isotope stage 19.1: Earth and Planetary Sciences Letters, v. 99, p. 1-13.
- Eardley, A.J., Shuey, R.T., Gvosdetsky, V., Nash, W.P., Picard, M.D., Grey, D.C., and Kukla, G.J., 1973, Lake cycles in the Bonneville Basin, Utah: Geological Society of America Bulletin, v. 84, p. 211-216.
- Machette, M. N., 1985, Late Cenozoic geology of the Beaver basin, southwestern Utah: Brigham Young University Geology Studies, v. 32, pt. 1, p. 19-37.
- Oviatt, C. G., 1991, Quaternary geology of the Black Rock Desert, Millard County, Utah: Utah Geological and Mineral Survey Special Studies 73, 23 p., map scale 1:100,000.
- Oviatt, C. G., 1992, Quaternary geology of the Scipio Valley area, Millard and Juab Counties, Utah: Utah Geological Survey Special Study 79, 16 p., map scale 1:62,500.
- Oviatt, C.G., 1994, Review of the Quaternary geology of the Sevier and Black Rock Deserts: Utah Geological Association Publication, v. 23, p. 97-103.
- Roberts, A.P. and Turner, G.M., 1993, Diagenetic formation of ferrimagnetic iron sulphide minerals in rapidly deposited marine sediments, New Zealand. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, v. 115, p. 257-273.
- Thompson, R.S., 1991, Pliocene environments and climates in the western United States: Quaternary Science Reviews, v. 10, p. 115-132.
- Thompson, R.S., 1992. Late Quaternary environments in Ruby Valley, Nevada: Quaternary Research, v. 37, p. 1-15.
- Thompson, R.S., in press, Pliocene and early Pleistocene environments and climates of the western Snake River Plain, Idaho: Marine Micropaleontology.
- Vance, R.E. and Mathewes, R.W., 1994, Deposition of modern pollen and plant macrofossils in a hypersaline prairie lake basin: Canadian Journal of Botany, v. 72, p. 539-548.
- Verosub, K.L. and Roberts, A.P., in press, Environmental magnetism: past, present, and future: Journal of Geophysical Research.
- Williams, S.K., 1994, Late Cenozoic tephrostratigraphy of deep sediment cores from the Bonneville Basin, northwest Utah: Geological Society of America Bulletin, v. 105, p. 1517-1530.22
This page is <https://pubs.usgs.gov/openfile/of95-001/7-reference/reference.html>
Maintained by Eastern Publications Group Web Team
Last modified 28-Feb-2001