- Choose a local wetland area to visit.
- Distribute copies of the "Magical Images of the Estuary" handout.
- Brainstorm a list of picture- taking hints with your students.
- Discuss with students possible subjects for their photo journal or photo essay.
- Animals, birds, or grasses and plants in the estuary;
- Producers, consumers, decomposers in the food chain;
- Elements of the water cycle;
- A "tour" through the estuary!
- Design a book of estuary photos using a specific theme with text blocks identifying, describing, and telling stories about the pictures.
- Have an exhibit of all photo journals and photo essays!
Exhibit photo journal and photo essays at a school function or in an elementary school classroom.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]