In this next activity, you will design a project of your own. Here are some proposed solutions to current problems. Research one and develop a mini action plan to get you started.
|Pollution Problems ||Proposed Solutions|
|Dumping Used Motor Oil|| stencil storm drains; recycle used motor oil & filters|
|Trash and Litter||litter clean-up campaigns|
|Habitat Loss||plant aquatic grass beds|
|Deforestation ||plant cypress trees|
|Shoreline Erosion ||plant trees and other vegetation|
- Which area of the Lake Pontchartrain Basin do you want to target? e.g., northshore, southshore, coastal marshes
- Which Lake Pontchartrain Basin pollution problem would you like to help solve?
- What questions do you have about that pollution problem?
- Where can you get information about that pollution problem?
- Which people in your school or community can help you understand the
nature of the pollution problem? Which resources are available to you?
- Which obstacles or potential problems might affect your plan?
- Brainstorm a list of possible solutions to the problem. Ask others for their ideas about your proposed solutions.
- Can you do the project alone or will you need volunteer help?
- Make any necessary changes to your plan.
The pollution problem I most want to solve is:
This pollution project is needed because:
My proposed solutions include:
Steps I will take to tackle the pollution problem are:
I will recruit volunteer help from:
I will need to get permission for my project from these people and/or agencies:
The Lake Pontchartrain Basin will benefit from my project because:
The following jobs are to be completed on or before the due date by the person(s) assigned:
|Job ||Target Date ||Person in Charge|
I will need the following items to complete my project:
If I need to finance my project, I will earn or raise funds by:
I will publicize my efforts through:
[an error occurred while processing this directive]