Hurricane Student Activity Sheet
Based on your knowledge of hurricane activity and the hurricane data you have plotted, answer the following questions:
- When is hurricane season?
- Where do hurricanes usually form?
- What provides the power or energy of a hurricane?
- What is a storm surge?
- What causes many hurricane-related deaths?
- What effects do major hurricanes have on the Lake Pontchartrain Basin?
- How do healthy wetlands serve as a barrier to storms/hurricanes?
- The coastal areas of St. Bernard and Plaquemines parishes are very fragile due to extensive erosion in recent years. Refer to a map of that area. Write a one-page reaction paper predicting the effects of a major hurricane on the coastal parishes of the Basin.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]