U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-421
Analytical Results and Sample Locations of Reanalyzed NURE Stream-Sediment and Soil Samples for the Humboldt River Basin Mineral-Environmental Assessment, Northern Nevada
Compiled by H.W. Folger
U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-421 is in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). This report is 516 pages, 504 of which are in tablar format.
- OF 00-421 (2.6 MB PDF file)
- OF 00-421 This version complies with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (5.2 MB PDF file)
Download a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader version 5.0 for free.
Additionally, tables 5, 6a, 6b, and 13-18 are available as DBF files, which can be imported into some database programs and spreadsheets:
- Table 5. New analytical data for NURE stream-sediment and soil samples (2.2 MB)
- Table 6a. Analytical data for As, Se, Te, and Tl for NURE stream-sediment and soil samples in the western Humboldt River Basin (163 KB)
- Table 6b. Analytical data for As, Se, Te, and Tl for USGS stream-sediment samples collected by King and others, (1996) (8 KB)
- Table 13. Analytical data for NIST-2709 standard reference material determined by ICP-14 (7 KB)
- Table 14. Analytical data for standard reference material NIST 2709 determined by ICP-40 method (16 KB)
- Table 15. Analytical data for SAR-L standard reference material determined by ICP-14 (24 KB)
- Table 16. Analytical data for standard reference material SAR-L analyzed by ICP- 40 (total digestion) (63 KB)
- Table 17. Analytical data for standard reference material NIST 2711 and SAR-L analyzed by special methods in the western half of Humboldt River Basin (4 KB)
- Table 18. Analytical data for standard reference materials SAR-L and SAR-M determined by special methods in the western half of the Humboldt River Basin (15 KB)
The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), in cooperation with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), began a study in 1996 to describe to the geochemistry of the Humboldt River Basin. The principal sample media evaluated are stream-sediment and soil samples retrieved from the National Uranium Resource Evaluation (NURE) archives located in Denver, Colorado. Samples were retrieved from the Wells, McDermitt, Vya, Lovelock, Winnemucca, Elko, Ely, Millett, Reno, and Tonopah 1° x 2° quadrangles in northern Nevada. The data are appropriate for large-scale reconnaissance resource evaluations and landscape geochemical-geoenvironmental evaluations. The analytical results are presented in this report.
This report is also available on CD-ROM from USGS Information Services. See Ordering U.S. Geological Survey Products for pricing information.
USGS Information Services
Box 25286 Denver Federal Center
Denver, CO 80225-0046
Contact: H.W. Folger
[an error occurred while processing this directive]