Work in cooperative groups to prepare a documentary report, focusing on an aspect of the cultural history of the Lake Pontchartrain Basin.
- Paper and Pencils/Pens
- Word Processors/Computers as available
- Props (hats, backdrops, etc.)
- Schedule computer time; students will need access to word processing programs.
- Students work in their groups to complete writing descriptions and stories about their selected artifacts, demonstrating how these artifacts are significant to the cultural history of the area.
- Students write short accounts or stories about the other information they have gathered (e.g., a section of a diary or a fascinating story about a notable person in the history of the Lake Pontchartrain Basin.)
- Students arrange their information chronologically.
- In cooperative groups, students prepare a presentation of their work, developing a script for their presentation. Encourage creativity; students may choose to illustrate a point with a short skit or a song.
Go back to Moments in Time
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Go back to The Great Pontchartrain Pursuit