Sample Location Map
|Figure 2. Sample locations are from cruise SEAX96024 in Long Island Sound in 1996. Stations are numbered through transect A through M, then stations number, generally north to south. Cores are numbered by station number, then core number where the core number is the sequential cast; e.g., transect A, station 1, core cast 1 = A1C1. The full sample name for each core includes cruise, station and core identification; e.g., SEAX96024-A1C1.|
Click here for
larger, printable copy of map (in PDF form).
To download Adobe Reader click here.
Data are presented in sections accessible through the links
below and also the links to the left:
1) Graphical presentations of core x-radiography, water content, and sediment texture. Links for individual cores are accessed through a tabular index of the cores collected. Note that texture plots have the reverse of the standard colors for gravel and sand. Instead of gravel being red and sand being yellow, the plots are colored the opposite way with gravel being yellow and sand being red.
2) Complete tabular data: Location, sectioned intervals, sectioning descriptions, measurements of water content, grain
size distribution, and sediment texture statistics. Data tables
are available in both Microsoft Excel and comma separated formats.
4) Plots showing water content versus texture (fine fraction).
5) Radionuclides and Selected Metals for cores B1C2, D1C3, D7C4, and G1C1.
5) Data Dictionary and Notes with definitions for the header columns in the Excel and comma-separated files and miscellaneous notes on the data.