A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
- Barth, M. C., and Titus, J. G., 1984, Greenhouse effect and sea level rise: Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, New York, 325 p.
- Bird, E. C. F., and Schwartz, M. L., 1985, The World's Coastline: Van Nostrand Reinhold Co., New York, p.
- Clark, J. A., Farrell, W. E., and Peltier, W. R., 1978, Global changes in post-glacial sea level: a numerical calculation: Quaternary Research, v. 9, p. 265-287.
- Clark, R., 1991, Beach conditions in Florida: Florida Department of Natural Resources, Division of Beaches and Shores, Technical Memorandum 89-1, 200 p.
- Combe, A. J., and Soileau, C. W., 1987, Behavior of man-made beach and dune, Grand Isle, Louisiana: Coastal Sediments '87, American Society of Civil Engineers, v. 2, p. 1232-1242.
- Conner, W. H., Day, J. W., Jr., Baumann, R. H., and Randall, J. M., 1989, Influence of hurricanes on coastal ecosystems along the northern Gulf of Mexico: Wetlands Ecology and Management, v. 1, p. 45-56.
- Craig, N. J., Turner, R. E., and Day, J. W., Jr., 1979, Land loss in coastal Louisiana: Environmental Management, v. 3, p. 133-144.
- Dahl, T.E., 2000, Status and trends of wetlands in the conterminous United States 1986 to 1997: U.S. Department of the Interior Fish and Wildlife Service, 82 p.
- Davis, D. W., 1990, Living on the edge: Louisiana's marsh, estuary, and barrier island population: Transactions Gulf Coast Association of Geological Societies, v. 40, p.147-159.
- Davis, R. A., Hine, A. C., and Belknap, D. F., eds., 1985, Geology of the barrier island and marsh-dominated coast, west-central Florida: Geological Society of America, Annual Meeting Field Trip Guidebook, 119 p.
- Davis, R. E., and Dolan, R., 1992, The "All Hallow's Eve" coastal storm - October, 1991: Journal of Coastal Research, v.8, p. 978-982.
- DeLaune, R. D., Baumann, R. H., and Gosselink, J. G., 1983, Relationships among vertical accretion, coastal submergence, and erosion in a Louisiana Gulf Coast marsh: Journal of Sedimentary Petrology, v. 53, p. 147-157.
- Douglas, B. C., 1997. Global sea rise; a redetermination. Surveys in Geophysics, 18: 279-292.
- Emery, K. O., and Kuhn, G. G., 1982, Sea cliffs: Their processes, profiles, and classification: Geological Society of America Bulletin, v.93, p. 644-654.
- Emery, K. O., and Aubrey, D. G.,1991, Sea levels, land levels, and tide gauges: Springer-Verlag, New York, 237 p.
- Finkl, C. W., and Pilkey, O.H., eds., 1991, Impacts of Hurricane Hugo: September 10-22, 1989: Journal of Coastal Research Special Issue 8, 356 p.
- Gabrysch, R. K., 1984, Ground-water withdrawals and land-surface subsidence in the Houston-Galveston region, Texas: Texas Department of Water Resources Report 287, 64p.
- Ginsburg, S. S., and Perillo, G. M. E., 1990, Channel bank recession in the Bahia Blanco Estuary, Argentina: Journal of Coastal Research, v.6, p. 999-1009.
- Gornitz, V., and Lebedeff, S., 1987, Global sea level changes during the last century, in Nummedal, D., Pilkey, O. H., and Howard, J. D., eds., Sea-level fluctuation and coastal evolution: Society of Economic Paleontologists and Mineralogists Special Publication 41, p. 3-16.
- Hayes, M. O., 1967, Hurricanes as geological agents; Case studies of Hurricane Carla, 1961 and Cindy, 1963: The University of Texas at Austin, Bureau of Economic Geology Report of Investigations 61, 54 p.
- Holzer, T. L., ed., 1984, Man-induced land subsidence: Geological Society of America, Reviews in Engineering Geology, v. 6, 221p.
- Komar, P. D., and Enfield, D. B., 1987, Short-term sea-level changes and coastal erosion, in Nummedal, D., Pilkey, O. H., and Howard, J. D., eds., Sea-level fluctuation and coastal evolution: Society of Economic Paleontologists and Mineralogists Special Publication 41, p. 17-27.
- Komar, P. D., and Shih S.-M., 1991, Sea-cliff erosion along the Oregon Coast: American Society of Civil Engineers, Coastal Sediments '91, v. 2, p. 1558-1570.
- Meade, R. H., 1969, Landward transport of bottom sediments in estuaries of the Atlantic coastal plain: Journal of Sedimentary Petrology, v. 39, p. 222-234.
- Milliman, J. D., and Meade, R. H., 1983, World-wide delivery of river sediment to the oceans: Journal of Geology, v. 91, p. 1-21.
- Morton, R. A., 1976, Effects of Hurricane Eloise on beach and coastal structures, Florida Panhandle: Geology, v. 4, p. 277-280.
- Morton, R. A., 1977, Historical shoreline changes and their causes: Transactions Gulf Coast Association of Geological Societies, v. 27, p. 352-364.
- Morton, R. A., 1979, Temporal and spatial variations in shoreline changes, Texas Gulf Coast: Journal of Sedimentary Petrology, v. 49, p. 1101-1111.
- Morton, R. A., 1988a, Great storms, in Clifton, H. E., ed., Sedimentological consequences of convulsive geologic events: Geological Society of America, Special Paper 229, p. 7-22.
- Morton, R. A., 1988b, Interactions of storms, seawalls and beaches of the Texas coast: Journal of Coastal Research, v. 4, p. 113-134.
- Morton, R., Guy, K., Hill, H., and Pascoe, T., 2003, Regional morphological responses to the 1962 Ash Wednesday storm : Proceedings Coastal Sediments '03,
- Morton, R. A., and Paine, J. G., 1985, Beach and vegetation-line changes at Galveston Island, Texas; Erosion, deposition, and recovery from Hurricane Alicia: The University of Texas at Austin, Bureau of Economic Geology Geological Circular 85-5, 39 p.
- Morton, R. A., Buster, N. A., and Krohn, M. D., 2002, Subsurface controls on historical subsidence rates and associated wetland loss in southcentral Louisiana: Transactions Gulf Coast Association of Geological Societies, v. 52, p. 767-778.
- Morton, R. A., Guy, K. K., Hill, H. W., and Pascoe, T., 2003, Regional morphological responses to the March 1962 Ash Wednesday storm: Proceedings Coastal Sediments '03, 11p. National Research Council, 1990, Sea level change: National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., 234 p.
- Nichols, R.L. and Marston, A.F., 1939. Shoreline changes in Rhode Island produced by Hurricane of September 21, 1938:
Bulletin Geological Society of America, v. 50, p. 1357-1370.
- Nummedal, D., Penland, S., Gerdes, R., Schram, W., Kahn, J., and Roberts, H., 1980, Geologic response to hurricane impact on low-profile Gulf Coast barriers: Transactions Gulf Coast Association of Geological Societies, v. 30, p. 183-195.
- O'Brien, M.P., and Johnson, J. W., 1963, The March 1962 storm on the Atlantic coast of the United States: Proceedings
8th Coastal Engineering Conference, p. 555-562.
- Peltier, W. R., 1986, Deglaciation-induced vertical motion of the North American continent: Journal of Geophysical
Research, v. 91, p. 9099-9123.
- Penland, S., Boyd, R., and Suter, J. R., 1988, Transgressive depositional systems of the Mississippi delta plain: a model for barrier shoreline and shelf sand development: Journal of Sedimentary Petrology, v. 58, p. 932-949.
- Philander, George, 1989, El Niño and La Nina: American Scientist, v. 77, p. 451-459.
- Pilkey, O. H., Morton, R. A., Kelley, J. T., and Penland, S., 1989, Coastal land loss: American Geophysical Union, Short Course in Geology, v. 2, 73 p.
- Poland, J. F. and Davis, G. H., 1969, Land subsidence due to withdrawal of fluids, in Varnes, D. J., and Kiersch, eds., Review in Engineering Geology, v. II: Geological Society of America, p. 187-303.
- Pratt W. E., and Johnson, D. W., 1926, Local subsidence of the Goose Creek Oil Field: Journal of Geology, v. 34, p. 577-590.
- Reed, D. J., 1989, Patterns of sediment deposition in subsiding coastal salt marshes: The role of winter storms: Estuaries, v. 12, p. 222-227.
- Riehl, H., 1979, Climate and weather in the tropics: Academic Press, New York, 611 p.
- Roberts, H. H., Huh, O. K., Hsu, S. A., Rouse, L. J., and Rickman, D., 1987, Impact of cold-front passages on geomorphic evolution and sediment dynamics of the complex Louisiana coast: American Society of Civil Engineers, Coastal Sediments '87, p.1950-1963.
- Scaife, W. W., Turner, R. E., and Costanza, R., 1983, Coastal Louisiana recent land loss and canal impacts: Environmental Management, v. 7, p. 433-442.
- Shepard, F. P., and Wanless, H. R., 1971, Our Changing Coastlines: McGraw Hill, New York, p.
- Simpson, R. H., and Riehl, H., 1981, The hurricane and its impact: Louisiana State University Press, Baton Rouge, 398 p.
- Snowden, J. O., Simmons, W. B., Traughber, E. B., and Stephens, R. W., 1977, Differential subsidence of marshland peat as a geologic hazard in the greater New Orleans area, Louisiana: Transactions Gulf Coast Association of Geological Societies, v. 27, p. 169-179.
- Sunamura, T., 1983, Processes of sea cliff and platform erosion, in Komar, P.D., Handbook of coastal processes and erosion: CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, p. 233-265.
- Thieler, E. R., and Young, R. S., 1991, Quantitative evaluation of geomorphological changes in South Carolina after Hurricane Hugo, in Finkl, C. W., and Pilkey, O.H., Impacts of Hurricane Hugo: September 10-22, 1989: Journal of Coastal Research Special Issue 8, p. 187-200.
- Titus, J. G., ed., 1988, Greenhouse effect, sea level rise and coastal wetlands: Environmental Protection Agency, EPA-230-05-86-013, Washington, D. C., 152 p.
- Wells, J. T., and Coleman, J. M., 1987, Wetland loss and the subdelta life cycle: Estuarine, Coastal, and Shelf Science, v. 25, 111-125.
- White, W. A., Calnan, T. R., Morton, R. A., Kimble, T. G., Littleton, T. G., McGowen, J. H., Nance, H. S., and Schmedes, K. E., 1985, Submerged lands of Texas, Galveston-Houston area: Sediments, geochemistry, benthic invertebrates, and associated wetlands: The University of Texas at Austin, Bureau of Economic Geology, 145 p.
- White, W. A., and Morton, R. A., 1997, Wetland losses related to fault movement and hydrocarbon production, southeastern Texas coast: Journal of Coastal Research, v. 13, p. 1305-1320.