A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Applegate, A.S., Winston, G.O., and Palacas, J.G., 1981, Subdivision and regional stratigraphy of the pre-Punta Grodo rocks (lowermost Cretaceous-Jurassic?) in south Florida: Supplement to Transactions, Gulf Coast Association of Geological Societies, 31st annual meeting, Corpus Christi, Texas, 1981, p. 447 - 453.
- Applin, P.L., and Applin, E.R., 1965, The Comanche Series and associated rocks in the subsurface in central and south Florida: U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 447, 84 p.
- Baldwin, W.E., 2002, Effects of local and regional antecedent geology on the modern inner continental shelf: southern Long Bay, South Carolina: unpublished M.S. thesis, University of South Carolina, Columbia, 138 pp.
- Barry, K. M., Cavers, D. A., and Kneale C. W., 1975, Recommended standards for digital tape formats. SEG Technical Standards Committee report, 16 pp.
- Blackwelder, B.W., 1981a, Late Cenozoic stages and mullusca zones of the U.S. Middle Atlantic Coastal Plain: Journal of Paleontology, v. 55, no. 5, p. 1-34.
- Blackwelder, B.W., 1981b, Late Cenozoic marine deposition in the United States Atlantic Coastal Plain related to tectonism and global climate: Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, v.34, p. 87-114.
- Brown, P.M, Miller, J.A., and Swain, F.M., 1972, Structural and stratigraphic framework, and spatial distribution of permeability of the Atlantic Coastal Plain, North Carolina to New York: U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 796, p. 1 - 79.
- Campbell, L., Campbell, S., Colquhoun, D., Ernissee, J., and Abbot, W., 1975, Plio-Pleistocene faunas of the central Carolina Coastal Plain: South Carolina Division of Geology Geologic Notes, v. 19, p. 51-124.
- Cohen, J. K. and Stockwell, Jr. J. W., 2001, CWP/SU: Seismic Unix Release 35: a free package for seismic research and processing, Center for Wave Phenomena, Colorado School of Mines.
- Colquhoun, D.J., 1965, Terrace sediment complexes in central South Carolina: 6th Ann. Field Conference, Guidebook, Atlantic Coastal Plain Geological Association, 62 pp.
- Colquhoun, D.J., 1968, Coastal Plains in Fairbridge, R.W., ed., Encyclopedia of Geomorphology; Reinhold Book, Corporation, New York, N.Y., p. 144-150.
- Colquhoun, D.J., 1969, Geomorphology of the lower coastal plain of South Carolina: Division of Geology, South Carolina State Development Board, Publication MS-5, 36 pp.
- Colquhoun, D.J., Bond, T.A. and Chappel, D., 1972, Santee submergences, examples of cyclic submerged and emerged sequences: Geological Society of America Memoir 133, p. 105-126.
- Colquhoun, D.J., Woolen, I.D., Van Nieuwenhuise, D.S., Padgett, G.G., Oldham, R.W., Boylan, D.C., Bishop, J.W. and Howell, P.D., 1983, Surface and sub-surface stratigraphy, structure and aquifers of the South Carolina Coastal Plain: Columbia, State of South Carolina, Report to the Department of Health and Environmental Control, 78 pp.
- Colquhoun, D.J. and Muthig, M.G., 1991, Stratigraphy and structure of the Paleocene and Lower Eocene Black Mingo Group, South Carolina, in J. Wright Horton, Jr., and Victor A. Zullo, eds., The Geology of the Carolinas: Carolina Geological Society Fiftieth Anniversary Volume, University of Tennessee Press, Knoxville, TN, p.241-250.
- Colquhoun, D.J., Johnson, G.H., Peebles, P.C., Huddlestun, P.F. and Scott, T., 1991, Quaternary geology of the Atlantic Coastal Plain, in Morrison, R. B., ed., The Geology of North America, Quaternary Nonglacial Geology: Conterminous U.S., v. K-2, Geological Society of America, Boulder, Colorado, p. 629-650.
- Cronin, T.M., Barney, J.S., Ager, T.A., Hazel, J.E., and Owens, J.P., 1981, Quaternary climates and sea levels of the U.S. Atlantic Coastal Plain: Science, v.211, p. 233-240.
- Dadisman, S.V., Hill, J.C. and Schwab, W.C., 2001 a, Archive of Datasonics SIS-1000 chirp sub-bottom data collected during U.S.G.S. cruise MGNM 00014, central South Carolina, 13-30 March 2000. U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-462, 4 CD-ROMs.
- Dadisman, S.V., Hill, J.C. and Schwab, W.C. 2001 b, Archive of boomer sub-bottom data collected during U.S.G.S. MGNM 00014, central South Carolina, 13-30 March 2000. U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-462, 4 CD-ROMs.
- Dall, W.H., 1898, A table of North American Territory formations, correlated with one another and those of western Europe, with annomations: U.S. Geological Survey 18th Annual Report, part 2, p. 323-348.
- Danforth, W.W., O'Brien, T.F., and Schwab, W.C., 1991, USGS image processing system: Near real-time mosaicking of high-resolution sidescan-sonar data: Sea Technology, January, p. 54-59.
- Denny, J. F. and Schwab, W., in prep., Archive of sidescan-sonar data and DGPS navigation data collected during USGS cruise MGNM 00014, South Carolina Coast, 13-30 March, 2000, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report.
- Domeracki, D.D., 1982, Stratigraphy and evolution of Pawleys Island area, South Carolina: unpublished M.S. thesis, University of South Carolina, Columbia, 101 pp.
- DuBar, J.R., 1971, Neogene stratigraphy of the Lower Coastal Plain of the Carolinas: Atlantic Coastal Plain Geological Association 12th Annual Field Conference, 128 p.
- DuBar, J.R.; Johnson, H. S., Jr.; Thom, B. and Hatchell, W. O., 1974. Neogene stratigraphy and morphology, south flank of the Cape Fear Arch, North and South Carolina, in Oaks, R.Q. and DuBar, J.R., Post-Miocene stratigraphy central and southern Atlantic Coastal Plain. Utah State University Press, p. 139-173.
- DuBar, J.R., DuBar, S.S., Ward, L.W., and Blackwelder, B.W., 1980, Cenozoic stratigraphy of the Carolina Outer Coastal Plain, in Frey, R.W., ed., Excursions in southeastern geology; Geological Society of America 1980 annual meeting guidebook, Atlanta, Georgia: Falls Church, Virginia, Americal Geophysical Institute, v. 1, p. 179 236.
- DuBar, J.R., 1987, Geology of the Dongola 7.5' Quadrangle, Horry and Marion Counties, South Carolina: South Carolina Geological Survey, v. 31, 16 pp.
- Gayes, P.T., Schwab, W.C., Driscoll, N.W., Morton, R.A., Baldwin, W.E., Denny, J.F., Wright, E.E., Harris, M.S., Katuna, M.P., Putney, T.R., and Johnstone, E., 2003, Sediment dispersal pathways and conceptual sediment budget for a sediment starved embayment; Long Bay, South Carolina: Coastal Sediments '03, Annual Symposium on Coastal Engineering and Science of Coastal Sediment Processes, 5th, Clearwater Beach, Fla., May 18-23, 2003, Proceedings, 14 p. [CD-ROM].
- Gohn, G.S., Higgins, B.B., Smith, C.C., and Owens, J.P., 1977, Lithostratigraphy of the deep corehole (Clubhouse Crossroads corehole 1) near Chaleston, South Carolina, in Rankin, D.W., ed., Studies related to the Charleston, South Carolina, earthquake of 1886; A preliminary report: U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 1028, p. 59 70.
- Gohn, G.S., 1988, Late Mesozoic and early Cenozoic geology of the Atlantic Coastal Plain: North Carolina to Florida, in R.E. Sheridan and J.A. Grow, eds., The Geology of North America Vol. 1-2, The Atlantic Continental Margin: U.S., The Geologic Society of America, Boulder CO, p. 107-130.
- Hathaway, J.C., Poag, C.W., Valentine, P.C., Miller, R.E., Schultz, D.M., Manheim, F.T., Kohout, F.A., Bothner, M.H. and Sangrey, D.A., 1979, U.S. Geological Survey core drilling on the Atlantic Shelf: Science, v. 206, No. 4418, p 515-527.
- Hayes, M.O., 1994, The Georgia Bight Barrier System, in R.A. Davis ed., Geology of Holocene barrier island systems, Springer-Verlag, New York, N.Y., p. 233-304.
- Hill, J.C., Schwab, W.C., Dadisman, S., Danforth, W.W., Denny, J.F., O'Brien, T. F., and Parolski, K., 2000 a, Archive of CHIRP data collected during U.S.G.S. cruise ATSV 99044 Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29 October - 23 November 1999. U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-040, 9 CD-ROMs.
- Hill, J. C., Schwab, W. C., Dadisman, S. V., Danforth, W. W., Denny, J. F., O'Brien, T. F., and Parolski, K. F., 2000 (b), Archive of boomer sub-bottom data collected during U.S.G.S. cruise ATSV 99044 Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29 October - 12 November 1999. U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-153, 18 CD-ROMs.
- Idris, M. and Henry Jr., V.J., 1995, Shallow Cenozoic seismic stratigraphy and structure: South Carolina lower coastal plain and continental shelf: Geologic Society of America Bulletin, v. 107, p. 762-778.
- Liddicoat, J.C., and Opdyke, N.E., 1981, Magnetostratigraphy of sediments in the Atlantic Coastal Plain and Pacific Coast of the United States as an aid for dating Tectonic Deformation: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 81-232, 27 pp.
- Maher, J.C., and Applin, E.R., 1971, Stratigraphy, in Maher, J.C., Geologic framework and petroleum potential of the Atlantic Coastal Plain and Continental Shelf: U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 659, p. 26 56.
- McCarten, L., Owens, J.P., Blackwelder, B.W., Szabo, B.J., Belknap, D.F., Kriausakul, N., Mitterer, R.M., and Wehmiller, J.F., 1984, Comparison of amino-acid racemization geochronometry with lithostratigraphy, biostratigraphy, uranium coral dating, and magnetostratigraphy of the Atlantic Coastal Plain of the southeastern United States: Quaternary Research, v. 18, p. 767-790.
- McCarten, L., Lemon, E.M., Jr., and Weems, R.E., 1983, Geology of the area between Charleston and Orangeburg, South Carolina: U.S. Geological Survey Miscellaneous Geological Investigations Map I-1472, scale 1:250,000.
- Ojeda, G.Y., Gayes, P.T., Sapp, A.L., Jutte, P.C., and Van Dolah, R.F., 2001, Habitat mapping and sea bottom change detection on the shoreface and inner shelf adjacent to the Grand Strand Beach Nourishment Project: Final report prepared by the South Carolina Marine Resources Research Institute, South Carolina Marine Resources Division, Charleston, South Carolina, for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Charleston District. 49 pp.
- Owens, J.P. and Gohn, G.S. 1985, Depositional history of the Cretaceous series in the U.S. Atlantic Coast Plain; Stratigraphy, paleoenvironments, and tectonic controls of sedimentation, in Poag, C.W., ed., Geologic Evolution of the United States Atlantic Margin: New York, Van Nostrand Reinhold, p. 25-86.
- Owens, J.P., 1989. Geologic map of the Cape Fear region, Florence 1° x 2° quadrangle and northern half of the Georgetown 1° x 2° quadrangle, North Carolina and South Carolina: U.S. Geological Survey, Miscellaneous Investigations Series Map I-1948-A, scale 1:250000.
- Paskevich, V., 1992, Digital mapping of side-scan sonar data with the Woods Hole Image Processing System software: U.S. Geological Survey Open File Report 92-536, 87 p. Online at http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/of92-536/
- Patchineelam, S.M., Kjerfve, B. and Gardner, L.R., 1999, A preliminary sediment budget for the Winyah Bay estuary, South Carolina, USA: Marine Geology, v.162, p. 133-144.
- Pilkey, O.H., Blackwekder, B.W., Knebel, H.J. and Ayers, M.W., 1981, The Georgia Embayment continental shelf: Stratigraphy of a submergance: Geological Society of America Bulletin, v.92, no.1, p. 52-63.
- Putney, T.R., Katuna, M.P., Harris, M.S. and Wright, E.E., 2002, Investigation of the
geologic framework of the Grand Strand coast in South Carolina. Southeastern Section, 51st Annual Meeting, and North-Central Section, 36th Annual Meeting, Lexington, KY, April 3-5, 2002. Abstracts with Programs - Geological Society of America, v. 34, no.2, 64 pp.
- Riggs, S.R., Snyder, S.W.P., Hine, A.C., Snyder, S.W., Ellington, M.D., and Mallette, P.M., 1985, Geologic framework of phosphate resources in Onslow Bay, North Carolina continental shelf: Economic Geology, v. 80, p. 716-738.
- Riggs, S.R. and Belknap, D.F., 1988, Upper Cenozoic processes and environments of continental margin sedimentation: eastern United States, in R.E. Sheridan and J.A. Grow, eds., The Geology of North America Vol. 1-2, The Atlantic Continental Margin: U.S. The Geologic Society of America, Boulder CO, p. 131-176.
- Roberts, C., Hammar-Klose, E. and Schwab, W., 2002, Archive of sidescan-sonar data and DGPS navigation data collected during USGS cruise ATSV99044, South Carolina coast, 29 October - 14 November, 1999, USGS Open-File Report 02-103, 5 DVD-ROMs.
- Sohl, N.F., and Owens, J.P., 1991, Cretaceous stratigraphy of the Carolina Coastal Plain. in J. Wright Horton, Jr., and Victor A. Zullo, eds., The Geology of the Carolinas: Carolina Geological Society Fiftieth Anniversary Volume, University of Tennessee Press, Knoxville, TN, p. 191-220.
- Sloan, E., 1908, Catalogue of the mineral localities of South Carolina: South Carolina Geological Survey Bulletin 2, 4th Series, 505 p. reprinted in 1985 by South Carolina Division of Geology.
- Szabo, B.J., 1985, Uranium-series dating of fossil corals from marine sediments of southeastern United States Atlantic Coastal Plain: Geological Society of America Bulletin, v. 96, p. 398-406.
- Valentine, P.C., 1979, Regional stratigraphy and structure of the Southeast Georgia embayment, in Scholle, P.A., ed., Geological studies of the COST GE-1 well, United States South Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf area: U.S. Geological Survey Circular 800, p. 7 17.
- Van Nieuwenhuise, D.S., and Colquhoun, D.J., 1982 (a), Contact relationships of the Black Mingo and Peedee formations - the Cretaceous-Tertiary boundary in South Carolina: South Carolina Geology, v. 26, no. 1, p. 1-14.
- Van Nieuwenhuise, D.S., and Colquhoun, D.J., 1982 (b), The Paleocene - Lower Eocene Black Mingo Group of the east central Coastal Plain of South Carolina: South Carolina Geology, v. 26, nwo.2, p. 47-67.
- Wehmiller, J.F., and Belknap, D.F., 1982, Amino acid age estimates, Quaternary Atlantic Coastal Plain; comparison with U-series dates, biostratigraphy, and paleomagnetic control: Quaternary Research, v. 18, p. 311-336.
- Wright, E., Gayes, P.T., Donovan-Ealy, P., Baldwin, W. and Harris, M.S.,1999, Assesment of beach nourishment resources on the inner shelf, seaward of Pawleys Island, South Carolina: Final Report of the South Carolina Task Force on Offshore Resources to the Minerals Management Service Office of International Activities and Mineral Resources, 17 p., 4 appendices.