- McBride, R.A., Penland, S., Hiland, M.W., Williams, S.J., Westphal, K.A., Jaffee, B.E., and Sallenger, A.H., 1992, Analysis of barrier shoreline change in Louisiana from 1853 to 1989, in Williams, S.J., Penland, S., and Sallenger, A.H., eds., Atlas of shoreline changes in Louisiana from 1853 to 1989: U.S. Geological Survey Miscellaneous Investigation Series I-2150-A, p. 36-97.
- Morton, R. A., 2002, Factors controlling storm impacts on coastal barriers and beaches - A preliminary basis for real-time forecasting: Journal of Coastal Research, v. 18, p. 486-501.
- Morton, R. A., and Sallenger, A. H., 2003, Morphological impacts of extreme storms on sandy beaches and barriers: Journal of Coastal Research, v. 19, p. 560-573.
- Penland, S. and Boyd, R. 1985. Transgressive Depositional Environments of the Mississippi River Delta Plain: Louisiana Geological Survey, Baton Rouge, Guidebook Series No. 3, 233p.
- Penland, S., and Ritchie, W., 1979, Short term morphological changes along the Caminada-Moreau coast, Louisiana: Transactions Gulf Coast Association of Geological Societies, v. 29, p. 342-346.
- Simpson, R. H., and Lawrence, M. B., 1971, Atlantic hurricane frequencies along the U.S. coastline: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, NOAA Technical Memorandum NWS SR-581, 15p.